Monday 18 January 2016

Magnitone Lucid – Pixie Lott Limited Edition

 I recently purchased the Magnitone Lucid brush in the mindset of wanting to change up my skincare routine. I didn’t feel that I wanted a drastic cleansing change in particular but I just started to feel as if I wasn’t having that “deep clean” feeling. My basic everyday ‘lazy girl’ routine consisted of make-up wipes followed by a cream cleanser then a toner; I exfoliate a good 2-3 days a week depending on how much make up I’ve worn or how my skin is feeling.
I have normal to oily, spot/acne prone skin and I was going through a mini skin crisis so I decided to look up on electric cleanser brushes which seems to be an ‘in thing’ at the moment. I have had an experience with a cleanser brush before which I previously owned the No7 Cleanser Brush. I didn’t really form a good strong opinion on the brush as I felt that I couldn’t really take it with me to the bath or shower as I felt like I was scared of getting it all wet as it’s a battery powered brush. It was an OK device but I actually found it quite harsh on my skin (which it does say on the box not to use if you have sensitive or dry skin) and annoyingly loud but overall did an ok job of removing any dirt on my face.
 So I was um’ing and ah’ing over the fact “Should I ‘invest’ in a new cleansing brush?” as my No7 got thrown to the back of my drawer and hasn’t seen daylight in the past couple of years, it was safe to say I was scared of purchasing something more expensive and it only to land in the same place as my previous one.
After looking through so many I decided that the Magnitone was more of a budget friendly price for my purse in comparing with the Clarasonic and Clinique. Two Magnitone products caught my eye which was the Lucid and the Barefaced! I had no idea what the difference was between the two and was ridiculously confused of which one would be best to use every day. I had spent my weekend nights in front of the fire watching and reading reviews of both devices. I’m not going to sit here and lie and tell you I learned so much and there was a massive difference in the both of them, because the truth is I ended up coming into a conclusion that both did the same thing but there was a couple of settings that was different between the two, and the barefaced! was just a newer/updated version (don’t quote me on that, like I said I was very confused on what they did differently).
What made me choose the Lucid you ask? The price difference; at the time the Lucid was retailing at £35 on Boots’ website while the Barefaced was £60 (at an offer price, originally priced at £70).
The Magnitone Lucid is a daily cleansing and exfoliation brush with active electromagnetic technology which is created for a deep-pore cleaning and a gentle exfoliation. This basically means that it uses pulsations to effectively cleanse and be gentler on the skin. The device has two modes, deep clean and sensitive, suitable for the daily removal of make-up, deep-pore impurities and exfoliation of any dry patches. It’s completely waterproof so you can use it while you’re in the bath or shower and it’s suitable for all skin types with the soft and gentle bristles. What I like the most about the device is that it has a built in timer. You can concentrate on three areas of your face for 20 seconds each. After the minute is up the device will shut itself off. Handy!
My device as you have already gathered is a limited edition by Pixie Lott; a hot pink device with Pixie’s initials on the handle. On the box it claims that you will have softer, brighter and clearer skin in just 7 days. Now I’ve been using this product for more than 7 days and my thoughts on the claims are mixed. First of all it does warn you in the leaflet if you are not used to this method of cleansing that you are going to experience a few breakouts, while I was going through some kind of a mini breakout at the time I was not particularly bothered. After the first use of this brush I genuinely did think that my skin felt softer and every time that I use it my skin feels incredibly soft, but unless that I moisturise after I use it my skin will feel anything but bright. My skin will become dry and desperately need some hydration after use, but I am also wondering as it has become a lot colder here in the past few weeks if this has something to play a part in my skin becoming ridiculously dry, which this is something I will have to update you on after a bit more use going into a (hopefully) warmer spring. After doing this routine for roughly about two weeks I think it has done some difference to my complexion but I’m still having these odd breakouts here and there, but for my existing hormonal chin breakout I have noticed it has helped calmed them down and they are not as painful as they have been in the past, which is always a good thing.
Overall I really enjoy using this product. I personally didn’t see a dramatic change in 7 days as what it is promoting on the box but I am seeing some difference in my skin. I believe with these kind of things 2 weeks of use isn’t really enough to give a definite ‘YES it works’ or ‘NO its terrible don’t buy it’ kind of answer, but with more time and with spring/summer somewhere on its way I could give you more answers of what I truly think of it. But as of now, I do like it and I will carry on using it daily to see, so I don’t see it being thrown to the back of my drawer just yet.
Have you tried any electronic cleanser brushes?
                                                        
Lia x



Any comments, questions or concerns feel free to comment below or contact me on my social sites.


No comments:

Post a Comment