Monday 21 July 2014

The Body Shop BB Cream & Benefits Big Easy Review


First off I don’t buy many BB creams as I don’t really tend to gravitate towards them, purely based on the reason they don’t give me the medium to full coverage that I like (and I think I need). So when the sun decided to come out and the weather started to get much warmer I began feeling a little fed up with the heavy make-up and wanted to go for something much lighter and more natural looking.

So the first BB cream that I went out and bought was The Body Shop’s All-In-One BB Cream, and I got it in shade number 2. The Body Shop’s BB cream is a colour adapting tinted cream, so it starts off as a white cream but as you keep blending the product it adapts its colour. 

As you would expect, the BB cream is light and non-cakey, and gives a very nice dewy finish and it has a silky feeling over the skin and blends really nicely. If you do have some blemishes, I suggest you use a concealer beforehand just to help cover them up, as the BB cream alone won’t hide them away. Also as the finish is quite moist, it might be best suited for normal to dry skin, rather than oily, or combination like myself, so it will not be suitable if you want anything matte. Recently though, despite my combination skin I have been into the dewy look for the summer, so I didn’t mind the finish as much. I tapped some powder mainly on my T-Zone (forehead, nose and chin) and I’ve been good to go. I have also found it lasting a good few hours (roughly about 5 hours), before I felt the need to hide the shine, which I was quite pleasantly surprised at as I expected it would have melted off my face by then. Unfortunately, this cream does not have an SPF, so it won’t help to protect you from the sun. Also there are only four different shades to chose, from the fair skin tone at 00 to dark skin tone at 03. At my local store there were only the shades 01,02 and 03, knowing full well that 03 would not be a match I took my chances and went with 02 (for medium skin tones).  It is slightly too dark for me on my natural skin tone, but when I put my fake tan on it does seem to be an alright match, but I’ve seemed to have lost my love of fake tanning often recently (solely based on I’m a bit lazy to do so), I won’t be reaching for it to use daily.


All in all, the question is, would I repurchase this product? Honestly, probably not because for £12 a pop, to repurchase a product that I found that didn’t really do much except make my skin glowy, I know I would find a similar product for a lesser price.           


Rate – 2/5

The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream - £12.

The second BB cream that I had purchase was the Benefits Bigger than BB, Big Easy. 
This BB cream has a liquid to powder finish with SPF of 35. The people of Benefit has also put a thought for us girls with oily to combination skin and has created a BB cream that is non-oily, non greasy and that is a multi-balancing complexion perfector. It is so lightweight and what is best about it, it covers all of your minor blemishes just like as if you would be using a foundation. It blends in nicely like a cream onto the skin and has a powder finish so it has that matte finish without making your skin look caked with make-up. It has a flawless, natural finish. It doesn’t crease or settle into any lines or wrinkles during the day. It is amazing at controlling shine throughout the day, so you won’t find yourself needing to powder up often. Once again, as I have combination skin, I am unsure of how it will be for those of you who have dry skin, but it doesn’t show up any dry patches that I have on my cheeks, but if you have dry skin and unsure whether to purchase this product then it would be best to ask for a sample at your nearest counter or get them to apply some on you as you can have a colour match as well. The colours come in six different shades, all ranging from fair to beige. The shade that I use is in 04-medium, and it matches really nicely to my natural skin tone as well as when I have a bit of a tan on. As I said earlier, with its SPF of 35 it is perfect for protecting your face against the sun for the warmer weather. 





This BB cream is the first that I have actually really enjoyed using and that I haven’t regret purchasing which I’m pretty glad about as it’s a bit pricey for £27.50 for a 35ml tube. It is most defiantly an investment but it’s something that you will not regret.    

Would I repurchase? Yes

Rate – 5/5

Benefits Bigger than BB Big Easy – £27.50


Lia x



No comments:

Post a Comment